Steps in Hiring a Moving Company
Looking for trustworthy and professional moving companies in Houston, Texas is a challenging task to accomplish especially if you are planning to move because you intend to re-design your home. But you don’t have to be daunted once you know what’s the best thing to do.
Here are 7 tips that can help you through the process.
- Find recommendations. Ask your friends, colleagues at work, or the local real estates if they know a reputed moving company. If they can provide an estimate of how much a company charges, it would be best.
- Make a preliminary screening. Once you have come a short list of most recommended movers, you may go online to check each company’s website or you may visit them. See the services they offer and the feedbacks of their past customers.
- Check three companies only. Narrow down your list to three companies to call for in-home estimates. You can then ask for either a written binding estimate or a binding not-to-exceed estimate to put a guarantee cap on what you’ll be paying for.
- Show everything to an estimator. When an estimators visits your home, make sure to show him all the stuff that you want to have moved. This is because if you have more stuff on the day of your moving than was estimated, you might need to pay more or be delayed from moving.
- Make sure to review the estimate. Before signing any document, make sure that you read all the details of the estimate including the terms and conditions. Take note that an estimate, when signed by you and the moving company, serves as your official order of the movers in Houston TX company’s service.
- Keep your documents securely. Once you collect estimates, gather them and place them all together in a special folder. For sure you’ll be pretty busy once you move and losing your estimate documents is the last thing that you want to know.
- When looking for reputable moving companies in Houston, Texas, you’ll surely find quite a number of them. When choosing, however, make sure that you hire only one that is licensed to move legally. You can call the FMCSA validate if the moving company you’ve hired is truly licensed.